Only in America! A mischievous Belgian Malinois named Benno got into some serious trouble this week after eating .308 calibre shells. Lucky for Benno none of the shells went off and he was rushed into emergency surgery.
Benno, aged 4, snatched the bullets from a bag left by his owners bed. It remains unknown why someone would keep a bag of bullets beside their bed, but this Arkansas family knew something was up when Benno got sick the next day.
Once Benno started vomiting rounds of ammo, they took him to the vet to get treated.
Benno is expected to make a full recovery and hopefully his owners will be a little more careful where they store their bags of ammunition. Benno’s owner stated:
“I won’t be leaving ammunition laying around anymore. We are never going to stop him eating things. It’s just a question of what he’s going to eat next.”
If it happens again, this dog might go up in smoke.