Have a special someone at home who deserves a special treat this Valentine’s Day? This quick and easy two ingredient recipe will be sure to get two paws way up!
Strawberry & Yogurt Valentine Dog Treats
- 4 large strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and diced
- 3 cups of nonfat plain yogurt, divided in half. *avoid brands that contain any fat substitutes*
- Blender or food processor
- Plastic resealable bag
- Something flat that will fit in your freezer (baking pan, cutting board, etc)
- Wax paper
- Add the strawberries and half of the yogurt to your blender. Blend until there are no chunks left in the mixture and it’s all pink.
- Fold the blended mixture into the remaining yogurt and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to resealable bag and chill in the freezer until thickened, but not frozen — about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and snip a small bit off one of the corners so it resembles a cake piping bag.
- Line your flat thing of choice with wax paper and start making hearts. If the mixture is too runny, put it back into the freezer for a few minutes until it can hold the shapes.
- Once you have made enough (as many as you can, really), toss them into the freezer until they’re set, about 15 minutes.
- Peel ’em off the paper, and surprise your furry valentine with a yummy treat!
This recipe has been tested and approved by doggies everywhere, so give it a try!