Want to save a ton of money, have some baking fun, AND give your dog some super healthy chews? Follow this totally easy recipe! Sweet potatoes are an excellent alternative to rawhide, and provide Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Potassium, and Iron!
SWEET POTATO DOG CHEWS
- 1 or 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, washed & dried
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off one side of the sweet potato lengthwise, as close to the edge as possible. This will allow the potato to sit flat, and will be much easier and safer to cut. Save the piece you just cut off, though; you can bake it as well!
- Cut the rest of the potato into thin slices, about 1/3″ – 1/4″.
- Place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-4 hours, turning half way through. Less cooking time = softer chews.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
That’s it! I hope you weren’t looking for something more complicated. 😉
* You can store them for up to 3 weeks in the fridge, and 4 months in the freezer!