While you may be busy baking family favorites for this holiday season, here’s a recipe your dog will really love!
You will need:
– 3 cups whole wheat flour
– ½ cup powdered milk
– 1 cup chicken, beef or vegetable broth
– 2 large eggs (set one aside for egg wash)
– 1 tsp. Peppermint oil
– red food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
1. Mix all your wet ingredients together.
2. Add in the dry ingredients.
3. Knead the dough on a floured board for a couple of minutes.
4. Divide the dough in half. Put in water.
5. Knead dough on floured surface for 2-3 minutes.
6. Divide dough in half. In one half put the peppermint oil and knead in. The other half add food coloring-working it in and adding food coloring.
7. Refrigerate dough in separate bowls for an hour.
8. Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
9. Whisk egg for wash in a small bowl.
10. Remove dough from refrigerator, break each dough color up into an equal number of pieces- about a Tbsp. or so in size-depending on the size of the recipient. Roll each ball into a small snake-like shape. Work on a long sheet of wax paper creating candy canes to prevent sticking- dough will still be somewhat sticky and that is normal.
11. Twist one of each color together and bend the end to create a hook shape. Place your “Candy Cane” on the foil lined baking sheet. Brush each with egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely before storing or feeding it to your pooch!
Don’t forget enter the BIGGEST CONTEST of the year – the 12 Dogs of Giving! Exciting prizes to be won daily. One winner will be announced everyday on 3MillionDogs’s FB page.
We don’t care if you’ve been naughty or nice. Enter our contest to win a prize! Get your entry in early: https://3milliondogs.com/12-dogs-of-giving
1. Pet Coupon Savings