Dogs On Deployment is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit providing a central network for military members and their pets. The network finds volunteers who are willing to board pets while military personnel are overseas or have service commitments.
Alleviating the need for pet relinquishment from military members due to the hardships of deployments saves dogs lives by keeping shelter space open for other dogs. More over it gives military personnel some pretty happy dogs to come home to!
Dogs on Deployment also promotes responsible life-long pet ownership in the military community by:
- Advocating for military pet owner rights on military installations
- Providing educational resources for military members about responsible pet ownership
- Granting financial assistance to military members for help with their pet’s care during emergencies
- Promoting healthy pet lifestyles, including spay and neuter, insurance options and vaccinations
- Connecting with community organizations to ensure Dogs on Deployment resources are available to military families