Stroud Township, PA – A six week old stray kitten was recently saved from a garage that was engulfed in flames. The kitten was rescued by one of the volunteer firefighters who had arrived on the scene. Little did the kitten know that he had found his future owner.
Before the terrible fire, the kitten, who is now named Logi, had been living in the garage with the rest of his furry family, without the owners of the house even aware that the cats were there.
The fire was allegedly started by an angry neighbor who had some disagreements with the homeowners of the home, this according to witnesses.
While the rest of Logi’s cat family managed to escape the terrible fire, Logi had become trapped underneath a shelf that had fallen. That’s when Matt Smalley of the Stroud Township Volunteer Fire Department arrived at the fire.
The firefighters were going through the rubble in the garage when they heard the little cries.
“We followed the sounds and found him lying under a plastic cabinet at the bottom of a pile of debris. He was alive, thankfully, but clearly not happy,” said Smalley.
The cat was rushed to the Creature Comforts Veterinary Services by Smalley, where the kitten received some oxygen and care for his burnt skin. The kitten’s right ear had been scorched by the fire, along with some of his skin. But the good news was that Logi was going to be all right.
Logi now has a new home with Smalley, and the volunteer firefighter dog, Bailey. A Go Fund Me page has been started by Smalley, to help pay for the kitten’s medical treatment, which involved five days at the animal hospital in an oxygen tent. It has raised over $2,200, exceeding the $800 goal. Now, thanks to all the generosity the kitten’s medical bills have been paid for.
Thankfully, this story has a happy ending. Even though the kitten suffered some injuries due to the fire, the kitten got a second chance at life with his kind rescuer.