We love sharing our dogs on Instagram and it’s a great way to connect with other canine friends. It’s not always easy to get noticed so here are some quick tips on how to make canine friends for you and your dog on Instagram!
Getting Your Dog Noticed On Instagram
- Picture Perfect Puppy Pictures taken in daylight tend to show the best of your dog. If you’re indoors, try taking photos near well-lit places with a soft lamp. This will also create a nice lighting effect.
- Hashtags Are A Dogs Best Friend The Instagram Dog community is growing all the time, and often a hashtag is the quickest way to Instagram users to find and discover new Instagram dog accounts. We recommend you start by looking locally at the dog hashtags near you. Building a highly engaged and local community is a great way to kick start your dogs account. If you need more help, search the hashtags below and see what other dog owners are doing around the globe. You might even want to copy and paste some of the most searched canine Instagram hashtags below! #cute #weeklyfluff #delight_pets #dogsofinstagram #funpetloveclub #dogscorner #dogdailyfeaturesss #inspiredbypets #dachshund #beggintime #pet #buzzfeed #petbox #dog #dogsandpals #mydogiscutest #sausagedogcentral #petfancy #dogs #petstagram #instadog #petsagram #doglover #dogs_of_instagram #instagramdogs #pup #dogoftheday #dogsitting #ilovemydog #instapuppy #dogstagram #lovedogs #lovepuppies #pets #puppy #adorable #puppies #mypets #mydog
- Make Canine Friends On Social Media Simply searching some of the above hashtags and liking your favorite photos will earn you likes and follow-back from other dog lovers. Beyond following back, you might find dog based events and even other dogs of Instagram accounts near you. It’s a great chance to meet other dog owners and maybe make a puppy friend along the way.
- Instagram Rewards Dogs Who Are Consistent In Posting
Keep up with your photos. The more you post and share the more people can connect with you and your dog.
Ask yourself what times of day you open Instagram to get your puppy fix. Often your dogs instagram fans are just like you!
Try to stick to a schedule of when you post!
- Give Your Dog An Instagram Hashtag Of Their Own
Your dogs fans, might not follow right away, start your account with one of your very own doggy hashtags.
In the future you and your dogs fans will be able to look back on your dogs internet social media stardom without even visiting your dogs profile.
This is also a great way to save time if you don’t want to create a whole new Instagram account. Giving your dog their own give your dog their own hashtag, will mean you can search all your dogs photos come up in one easy to scroll page.
Planning Your Dogs Instagram Account ContentYour dog has personality, style, and an attitude all their own. When starting your own doggy Instagram your goal is to focus in on what makes your puppy special.
Take inspiration from these famous dogs.
If you feel stuck or want to really improve your your puppies Instagram presence, take a look at how Instagram’s most famous dogs keep users coming back for photos every week.
Jiffpom’s Groomer Keeps It Fresh
Jiffpom is groomer has transformed this pomeranian into one of Instagram’s favourite teddy bears. Round, soft and with an expressive face framed by big bright eyes, any photo of Jiffpom tells a “awwww” inspiring story.
Doug The Pug Is The Costume King
People love pugs. On a regular day, your average pug can stop traffic with nothing more than that smush-nosed cuteness. Doug The Pug is anything but average though. His account is chock full of incredible costumes that tell a story and frame the focus directly on his perfect little pug face.
Maddie Lives The Dream
Along with his owner Theron Humphrey, Maddie is a Coonhound who’s life is anything but ordinary. Take a look at this pairs adventures and you’ll see a life that most of us long for on a brake from our office jobs.
Have You Started Your Own Dog’s Instagram Account?We follow every cute puppy and old rescue’s account we can find! We also love to support the 3 Million Dogs community.
If you’ve started your own account, mention it in the comments below and maybe we’ll even feature you on our own Instagram channel!
1. Instagram @jasonnipdesign 2. Instagram @xcannedx 3. Facebook