Breaking up is hard to do, but breaking up with your ex-boyfriend’s dog? It’s painful. You looked after his dog like it was your own, and all of a sudden that dog isn’t in your world anymore and it doesn’t seem right.
Here are 7 things that happen when you break up with your ex-boyfriend’s dog.
1. You earnestly considered staying with your ex because of his dog. Stay together for the dog
2. You have seriously contemplated stealing his dog and taking off to Mexico
3. You have fantasized over and over your ex-boyfriend dropping off his dog to you and saying “You’re the better person. He’s yours now”
4. The thought of your ex with someone new is fine, but the thought of his dog snuggling up with his new girl? DEVASTATING.
5. You have considered having a lawyer draft up papers drawing up a joint custody agreement of the dog
6. You may or may not send gifts to your ex’s dog on major holidays
7. You realize just as there are many fish in the sea, there are other dogs, and hey maybe it’s time to get a dog of your own, or add a second to your pack